All Brands 〉 Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 60's
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 60's
A must-have for both pregnant women and their babies! Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold 60’s is packed with the essential nutrients needed to support mothers and their babies.
All nutrients are important during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The following provides additional information on some special nutrients important during pregnancy and breastfeeding, that are in Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Gold.
• Folic acid – According to guidelines in Australia* this product contains 500 micrograms of folic acid, as it is recommended that women of childbearing age take 400-500 μg of folic acid per day for at least one month before pregnancy and for the first 3 months of pregnancy.
• Iodine - Requirement for iodine is increased during the whole pregnancy, especially the first 20 weeks.
• Iron - Approximately one quarter of pregnant women report getting constipated when taking high doses of supplemental iron. That is why Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Gold contains a low-constipation, low-nausea, gentle on the tummy form of iron.
• Omega-3 fatty acids - During pregnancy there can be an increased sensitivity to tastes, especially in the first trimester. Odourless fish oil means pregnant women can get the benefits of omega-3s without the fishy aftertaste.
• Vitamin D - Vitamin D supports healthy foetal development.
• B group vitamins - Vitamins B2 and B12 support a healthy pregnancy by helping the body to use folic acid.
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold provides 20 important nutrients in total including a daily dose of:
• 500 microgram of folic acid which, if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with spina bifida/neural tube defects
• 150 microgram of iodine for baby's brain and hearing development
• Lower constipation iron
• Odourless and concentrated fish oil, rich in DHA for baby's brain and nervous system development
Made in Australia
2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid.